For the next four-to-six months I’ll be travelling around the Himalayas.
I’ll be writing regularly. You can follow my writing over at Medium.
While plans may change, I should be:
- Joining over 1 million devotees at Shiva to observe Maha Shivaratri at Pashupatinath Temple on the banks of the holy Bagmati River (today actually);
- Celebrating Holi Festival (the Hindu spring festival of colour), Losar (the Tibetan New Year), Ghode Jatra (Nepal’s horse festival), Bisket Jatra (the Nepali new year), Ram Nawami (which marks the birth of Rama), and Buddha Purnima (the anniversary of the Buddha’s birth);
- Journeying through Greater Tibetan regions of Amdo and Kham, as well as the Indian regions of Ladakh and Dharamsala;
- Researching what I can about Bön shamanism and its influence on Tibetan Buddhism;
- Exploring indigenous cultures everywhere I go, with a particular focus on traditional instrumentals and music;
- Speaking with members of Nepal’s underground DIY punk and metal music scenes.
Other ideas will of course surface as I continue through my journey.